Monday, March 4, 2013

Weekend Flowers

Although we are back to Monday already, it was a nice weekend...

Despite the weather not entirely cooperating (as I mentioned a Cold Front coming our way), on Saturday we managed to get out of the house kind of early and we head out to the other side of the island to go see the Annual Orchid Show at the Queen Elizabeth Botanic Garden.

The morning was beautiful, we saw the orchids and then we walked around the park while taking photos and enjoying being a part of nature.

These are some of the beauties they had at the show...



And of course no Orchid Show is complete without the National Flower of my dear and lovely Costa Rica (where I'll be on Friday- yey!)...



Which of the photo flowers is your favorite? I guess you can imagine which one is mine?!?!?!?

We walked around quite a bit and took a bunch more pictures, will share more soon.

While in the park the weather started changing and then it was rain and lots of wind the rest of the weekend.

Now it's 4 days of work and then off to see my family, can hardly wait!!!!

Happy Monday!!!

Hope everybody had a wonderful weekend.

5 commented; now it's your turn!:

Anna E said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I think the 5th flower is my favourite, so bright pink and with the yellow inside...sorry Costa Rican orchid, you are beautiful too! ;-)
PS we had SUNshine yesterday, and went for a long walk. Although there was ice on the little streams in the forest, the sun still casted its wonderful spell on the landscape, and my nose lol :-)

MarkD60 said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

My favorite is the white, yellow and purple one.

Heather said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Beautiful pictures! I really love the colors in the first one. Here's hoping the week goes by quickly so that you can head off to see your family.

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

it is too hard to pick a favorite but I think my favorites are all of the ones featuring purple

Colleen said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love that red flower!! I'm partial to red anyhow! They are all so beautiful...this post makes me long for spring even more!! :)

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails